Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: D-130
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 30hp
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Folding
- Year: 2014
1070 Marina Village Parkway Suite 108
Alameda, California, US, 94501
I: 57.42 ft. - 17.50 m.
J: 16.14 ft. - 4.92 m.
P: 59.83 ft. - 8.24 m.
E: 21.08 ft. - 6.42 m.
ISP: 66.20 ft. - 20.18 m.
STL: 22.96 ft. - 7.00 m.
Hull/Deck Construction Details
- The Kernan 44 is built to the highest marine manufacturing standards, utilizing the latest hi-tech materials and building techniques for racing yachts. The Kernan 44 is designed to compete in a wide range of racing venues and conditions with the most efficient crew composition.
- All composite structures are designed to be strong, stiff and light-weight to produce optimal performance on the race course.
- Hull and deck construction consists of vacuum-consolidated, carbon reinforced e-glass materials with industry-leading synthetic coring producing maximum flexural and impact strength.
- Additional reinforcement for all highly loaded deck fittings and hardware.
- Scantlings meet or exceed ABS standards for offshore racing yachts.
- Awlgrip paint finish to hull and deck
- Non-skid deck areas with painted finish
- Primer applied below waterline
- SeaDek EVA material in cockpit for durable, shock absorbent surface to reduce crew fatigue and improve traction and safety
- Interior finished with lightweight, satin white paint
- Black powder coated stainless steel stanchions and pushpit
- Deck designed for function and aesthetics
- Generous oversized cockpit
- Proven winch spacing and general layout based efficient crew dynamics
- Pedestal driven primary winches allows for:
-Superior winch speed on asymmetric spinnaker gybes
-Winch driven spinnaker hoists
- Cockpit operated bilge pump
Steering and Rudder
- Double carbon fiber wheels
- Female molded and infused blade
- Jefa self-aligning top and bottom bearings
- Cast ductile Iron keel fin faired to 0-2mm to templates, Keel ballast antimonial lead bulb faired to +/-1mm to templates, epoxy clear coated and finished with 2 additional coats of epoxy primer.
- Keel set up with Keel flange for easy alignment and removal for trucking.
- Low weight saloon benches / berths
- racing galley, with sink and two burner stove, pressure water tap in galley and cockpit shower
- semi enclosed head with holding tank with electronic macerator pump and Y valve with deck pump out access
- v-berth and 4 settee berths
- carbon fiber floor boards
- removable Yeddi cooler
- red and white interior lighting
- Nav Station with full leg room, instrument panel and laptop station
- 12 volt batteries: 2 house, 1 starter
- Blue Seas custom electrical panel
- Shore power
- Automatic Bilge Pumps
- ISAF approved led running lights
- Complete Harken gear package
- Harken MX pedestal System
- 2 x Harken B530 TCR 3-speed winches with below deck pedestal shafts
- 2 x Harken B50.2 STP winches
- 4 x Harken B46.2 STP winches
- Harken mainsheet system & traveler car
- Harken adjustable jib tracks
- Spinlock XCS clutches
- Challenger premium black powder-coated stanchions, pulpit & pushpit
- Stainless steel wire lifelines
- Custom composite toe rails
- Carbon membrane square top main, 6 battens, 1 reef, draft stripes, numbers, Cunningham, floating tack, Carbon battens.
- Code 1 carbon membrane jib 106% LP, 4 battens, draft stripes
- Code 2 carbon membrane jib 106% LP, 4 battens, draft stripes
- Code 3 carbon membrane jib 103% LP, 4 battens, draft stripes
- A1 asymmetrical spinnaker - .6oz nylon, numbers
- A2 running Asymmetrical spinnaker - .6oz nylon, numbers
- Spinnaker staysail - .9oz nylon
- Dacron storm jib
- Jockey Red Horse blanket mainsail cover.
- Jockey Red life line covers (4)
- Jockey Red sheet bags (2)
Spars and Standing Rigging
- Keel-stepped carbon mast and boom
- Two sets of swept back airfoil spreaders
- Fixed carbon bowsprit
- Twin topmast backstays allow for control of mast and forestay tension in a broad range of sailing conditions
- Optional jib halyard lock
- (1 x ferrule for fractional spinnaker halyard to be offset can be used as secondary jib halyard.
- Optional inner forestay – genoa staysail with 2 delrin sheaves
- Hydraulic forstay
- Mast jack
- Adjustable mast step
- Windex light on rig
- Boom has 16:1 outhaul and sheaves for 2 reefs
- Rod rigging
- 2:1 Main halyard
- 1 x Masthead spinnaker halyards in over/under arrangement
- 1 x Fractional spinnaker halyard above headstay
- 1 x Continuous mainsheet system
- 1 x Spinnaker tack line
- 1 x 16:1 Outhaul purchase
- 2 x Reefing lines
- 1 x Cunningham purchase
- 2 x Traveler control lines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.